We have so much to be thankful for here at Pensacola with Kids. We have grown in leaps and bounds this year! At the beginning of 2010, we changed the look of the site making it more magazine-like to showcase each of our posts. As we continued to grow throughout the year, we realized that there were some things lacking in the new look. As more and more posts about one time events, savings, giveaways and news were added, it made it more and more difficult to find reviews of activities. When you use our search function to find a review, it brings up a list of every post we have ever written about that activity…not just the review. As we considered your suggestions and our thoughts, we knew it was time for a change again!
Welcome to the new and improved Pensacola with Kids! You will find several new things as well as old favorites.
Here are a couple of new features!
- An Index of Activities – There is an alphabetized list of all things we have reviewed so far or you can search by topic (Amusement Parks and Attractions, Bowling Alleys, Day Trips and Overnighters, Family Friendly Events, Farms, Zoos and Gardens, Hiking and Walking, Museums and Monuments, National and State Parks, Parks and Playplaces, Places to Eat, Storytimes)
- The ability to continuously scroll through the posts with the latest post first
- Advertising space to advertise your business (Introductory rates are inexpensive! For more information, please email me at jennifer (at) pensacolawithkids (dot) com.
- A list of the last ten posts for quick access
Things to look for in the future:
- Calendar – One of our New Year’s Resolutions is to get the Calendar back up and running with family friendly events around town. It is extremely time consuming but we are going to try to be consistent with it.
- Continuous updating of the index – As we add a new review, we will be sure to add it to the index.
- More guest posts – If you are interested in writing a guest post, let us know!
- Category Clean Up – We are going to spend January cleaning up the categories so they match the index of activities and makes it easier to find what you are looking for.
Thanks so much for your support! It is because of you all that Pensacola with Kids continue to grow. We hope you stick around for another fantastic year of exploring Pensacola in 2011!