This week there has been just a hint of what is to come in the air. September is here and fall will soon be here to stay. I absolutely love the fall on the Gulf Coast. When our northern neighbors are breaking out their winter coats and boots, we are enjoying the outdoors in a sweatshirt and jeans. It is the perfect time to get outdoors and explore as a family. One of our favorite activities is to visit a corn or hay maze each weekend until we have seen them all. My kids could spend hours running around the maze trying to find their way out.
*As always, we recommend that you follow the links or call ahead as dates and times can change.
- Address: Located in the field across the street from Dixon Primary School in Pace, FL
- Open September 28 to October 26
- Dates and Times: Fridays from 4pm to 9pm; Saturdays 12pm to 9pm; Sunday 12pm to 6pm
- Admission: Cost and activities unavailable as of posting
- Other: Check website for various events like movies, a run and more during the month.
- Connect with Haystackular on Facebook.
- Address: 15275 County Road 49, Summerdale, AL 36580
- Open September 29th to November 3, 2012
- Dates and Times: Mon-Thurs – Appointment Only; Friday 5pm to 8pm; Saturday 11am to 9pm; Sunday 12pm to 5pm
- Admission: $10 per person or unlimited activity ticket for $15; Children 2 and under are free; Admission includes corn maze, hayride, petting zoo, pig race, play area, hay jump and three activities (cow train, corn cannons, rubber duck races, hop-a-long rodeo)
- Other: Pony Rides for $5; Pumpkin launcher; Pumpkin patch; No credit cards, Cash and Check only.
- Connect with Magnolia Corn Maze on Facebook.
- Open Saturdays, September 22 to November 3
- Dates and Times: Saturdays 10am to 9pm; Group field trips by reservation
- Admission: General admission (ages 3 and up) $12, includes corn maze, all play areas and three activities (cow train, jumping pillow, hay ride, hop-a-long rodeo, corn cannons); All day pass (ages 3 and up) $15, includes corn maze, all play areas and all activities, multiple times
- Other: Pony rides, Military discount with ID, Fright Nights
- Connect with Seward Farms on Facebook
- Address: 6270 Oglesby Road, Milton, FL
- Open September 22 to November 24th
- Dates and Times: Saturdays from 11am to 6pm; Sundays 12:30pm to 6pm
- Admission: Ages 2 and under Free; Ages 3 to 12 $6; Ages 13 and up $8
- Other: Concessions, pony rides
- Connect with Sonshine Farms on Facebook.
- Address: 2260 Horn Road, Milton, FL 32570
- Open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from September 29th to November 4th, 2012
- Dates and Times: Fridays (during October only) 6pm to 10pm; Saturday 9am to 5pm; Sunday 1pm to 5pm; Last ticket sold at 4:15pm each day
- Admission: (Ages 3 and up) Friday (during October only) – $10 (+ tax) per person. Admission includes the 7 acre Flashlight Maze, Nighttime Hayride and Corn Popper. Bring your own flashlight; Saturdays and Sundays – $10 (+ tax) per person for the Whole Cob admission which includes unlimited access to the corn maze, hayride, children’s playground, corn popper, cow train and more; $7 (+ tax) for the Half Cob admission which includes corn maze, hayride, children’s playground, picnic area and hay bale maze; $21 (+ tax) for a season pass
- Other: Concessions available, horse rides, T-shirts, Scout patches, corn cannon and more; Purchase tickets online if you wish.
- Connect with Sweet Seasons Farm on Facebook.
Things to Know Before You Go
Wear close-toed shoes. You will be wandering through the corn fields so you should make sure you leave the flip flops at home!
Bring cash. Most farms only take cash. Some take checks but the majority of them do not take credit cards. Many of the farms are off the beaten path and an ATM is not nearby!
Wear sunscreen. You will be outside the whole time.
Pack a cooler to leave in the car. Most farms won’t allow the coolers or outside food and many of them offer concessions. We like to make our outings budget friendly so we make sure that we have a cooler packed with bottled water and snacks waiting for us in the car when we are finished.
Don’t forget your camera.
Did we miss any fall mazes? Leave us a comment with the details or send us an email.