One of my favorite parts of the holidays is bundling my kids up in their pajamas, grabbing our favorite blankets and driving around the neighborhood to look at the bright holiday lights. After checking in with our Pensacola with Kids Facebook group and doing some research, I present to you a list of holiday light displays in and around Pensacola for 2011! If we missed a great stop and we should add it to our list, please leave us a comment or send me an email! There were a few neighborhood homes mentioned but I want to get confirmation before we post them. If you have been by to visit a neighborhood home that is spectacular, then please leave us a comment.
As always, we recommend that you call ahead to confirm dates, time and cost especially since some of the events are a little drive.
Bellingrath Gardens (Theodore, Alabama) presents Magic Christmas in Lights. There are over 950 displays and 3 million sparkling lights. There are nightly choral performances and Santa photographs.
- Location: 12401 Bellingrath Gardens Road, Theodore, Alabama
- Dates: Now until December 31 (closed December 25th)
- Cost for lights only: Adults (13 and older) $12; Children (ages 5-12) $6.50; Children under 5 Free
Pensacola Lights - After many successful years in their original location, Pensacola Lights has moved to Brown Thornton Pacenta & Company in Downtown Pensacola. There are over 75,000 lights synchronized to music. You can enjoy the show from your car. Tune in to 103.3 for the display music.
- Location: 56 East Chase Street ( Corner of E. Chase and N. Tarragona)
- Dates: Now until New Years Day from 4:30pm to 11pm every night
- Cost: Free
Christmas tree at Sacred Heart – Whenever I drive past the tree at Sacred Heart, it makes me smile! See the tree lit up throughout the season. See raw footage of the 2011 tree lighting from Sacred Heart.
- Location: Corner of 9th Avenue and Bayou Boulevard at Sacred Heart Hospital
- Cost: Free
Sowell’s North Pole Christmas Light Display – See over 500,000 lights beautifully displayed.
- Location: 7650 Sowell Road
- Dates: Now until January 1, 2012 from dusk to 10pm
- Cost: Free
Winterfest – See the decorations lit up in Downtown Pensacola. While you are there, take one of the Winterfest tours, see Santa, or listen to some music.
- Location: Downtown Pensacola
- Dates: Winterfest dates vary (Does anyone know if the decorations are lit up nightly? I assume that they are but I haven’t confirmed!)
- Cost: Winterfest tours vary; wandering downtown is free
Wales West Light Railway (Silverhill, Alabama) – See over 1,00,00l lights, ride a train to the North Pole, and visit Santa.
- Location: 13670 Smiley Street, Silverhill, Alabama
- Dates: Now through December 24th – Fridays 4 until 9pm and Saturday & Sundarys 1 until 9pm; From December 14-24th open daily from 4 until 9pm
- Cost: $12 +tax per person
Zoo Lights – Visit the zoo after the sun goes on to see the lights and ride the zoo train.
- Location: Gulf Breeze Zoo; 5701 Gulf Breeze Pkwy
- Dates: December 9-11, 16-18, 19-24 and 26
- Cost: $8.00 General Admission; $5.00 Members; $3.00 Train Rides