All summer, while we continue to showcase all the great things going on around Pensacola we will also be sharing our favorite (and yours too!) road trips. For Mystery Photo Monday, I asked if you knew where this fountain was:
This particular fountain is in Jacksonville, Florida. We have friends in Jacksonville so we make the drive over there once or twice a year. It is about 6 hours away so we find the trip is best made when we can take a Friday or Monday off but we have made the trip on a regular weekend. Here are our favorite family picks for Jacksonville:
- Explore Friendship Fountain and the rest of the surrounding area. Kids will love running around this huge fountain!
- Visit Kids Kampus at Metropolitan Park. Splash in the water or play on the playground equipment.
- Catch a baseball game at the Jacksonville Suns stadium.
- Drive over to St. Augustine and explore Flagler College, the fort, or downtown.
- Learn about the history of firefighting at the Jacksonville Fire Museum.
- Visit the Museum of Science and History after you have checked out the Friendship Fountain. It is right next door!
- Jacksonville Zoo and Botanical Gardens will keep the kids entertained all day! Don’t forget the swimsuits and a change of clothes. There is a splash fountain for the kids to cool off in when they are done visiting the animals!
- Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve – Visit the preserve, check out the ranger program or just take a nature walk.
- Peterbrooke Chocolatier Tour – Chocolate…need I say more?!
- Hands On Children’s Museum – Let the kids explore and have some interactive playtime while you relax or play with them!
Stop by Trekaroo Spotlight Thursday to see where other people are traveling this week.