Last weekend we drove the kids to Summerdale, Alabama to check out Fish River Trees Christmas Tree Farm. We already had our tree up but we wanted to visit this tree farm because we had heard such wonderful things about it. The kids had so much fun exploring the different tree sizes, watching people cut their own tree down, and, of course, checking out Santa and his reindeer. Even if you already have a Christmas tree, Fish River Trees is sure to be lots of family fun!
Hop on the train and a take a tour of the property.
Afterwards, get some hot chocolate and go see Santa and two of his reindeer!
My kids loved wandering through the trees.
Things to Know Before You Go:
- Wear shoes because you will be wandering through the forest of trees!
- Bring your camera…there are plenty of photo opportunities!
- The train only runs on the weekends.
- Santa is only available on the weekends (he has lots to do this month, you know!) from 10pm to 4pm.
- You can cut your own tree, purchase a container tree, wreaths and garlands and everything is pretty reasonably priced.
- You can visit the farm for free.
Fish River Trees is only about an 45-60m drive from Pensacola. It is located at 13982 Woodhaven Dairy Road East, Summerdale, Alabama, 36580. The phone number is (251) 988-8114.