Last weekend we made the short drive to the Maizing Family Farm in Elberta, Alabama. I think the adults were more excited than the kids since they didn’t really understand what we were going to be doing! Maizing Family Farm is easy to find. Take Hwy98 from here and you come up to it pretty quickly! They have a small corn maze that is great for the kids. We wandered around it for about 20 minutes and then let the big boys run around on their own. They were having so much fun that they ran the other direction when they saw mom coming! If you look closely, you can see the flash of orange shirts as they run away!
There is a small hay bale maze that the little ones really liked.
They have a little pen of farm animals that you can look at with one very noisy cow! There is a tractor ride as well. The boys love the maze itself and their second favorite thing was the corn cannon…yes…the corn cannon!
With your maze entrance fee, you get two tickets to shoot the corn cannon. If you hit the bullseye, you win one of their great t-shirts!
Things to Know Before You Go:
- Bring CASH. They do take checks, but they are not set up to take credit cards. We were short about ten dollars and one of us had to drive to a gas station down the road to get more cash.
- Wear tennis shoes. Even though it is still beautiful outside, you are running through a field. Leave the flip flops at home.
- Bring a bottle of water. There is a small “gift shop” but you can save money by bringing your own water.
- Maizing Family Farm Corn Maze is only open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 10am-6pm. They do have some options for large groups and they also have some Halloween activities.
- Cost is Free for 0-3 year olds. 4 and up cost $8.00.
Maizing Family Farm is located at 27695 Woerner Road, Elberta, Alabama and the phone number is 251.747.1368.